RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's On Your Mind?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
The general attempts to integrate Marx with Freud, Nietzsche, etc., seem like a fairly strange concept, akin to merging modern astronomy with the Flat Earth Society. Maybe an Augustinian-Marxist synthesis will be able to explain away the existence of people in the 20th Century who really should be a couple of centuries earlier. In fact, it might be worth getting an article published on that, I'm sure it would be warmly received.*

It's like the period was desperate to try and come up with something new after a century of Marx, Emily Dickinson, Hegel, etc., but all it could come up with was Freudianism, Karl Popper, Harold Bloom and sexual intercourse; other than that, a few academics harping on about the Holocaust, in a despairing attempt to pretend that something new was going on. Ultimately, one wonders if the only cultural production in which the 20th Century excels the 19th is heavy metal.

* By Terry Eagleton.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:24 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
I think there's actually a lot of resonance between Marx and Nietzsche. Lot of stuff they're totally incompatible on, too, and there's more of the latter than the former, but that's what critical reading is for. Trick is to make Nietzsche work for Marx, which is viable, rather than making Marx work for Nietzsche, which is not.

Freud is pants, though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:49 am 
Comrade

Thanks, Savage.

- Friedrich Engels.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.
ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:14 pm 
Comrade

There is some resonance between Marx and Nietzsche, but that's because Marx is all-encompassing.

But yes, in any case. It's true that Nietzsche's ideas concerning nihilism are often quite interesting and a decent observation concerning the nature of modern society, but the overall framework in which he puts them forward means that in a post-Marx age his positive theories aren't generally of much worth. So, for example, his indifference to social conditions is derived from Stoicism, while his response to Christianity similarly comes from below and not above it. (The Antichrist could have been written by Vivekananda if he had a violent aneurysm.) He's similar to Weininger in a sense - while the latter could say some interesting things, for example in the SaC section on 'genius,' his worth is generally restricted (ironically enough) to his henids, and with the rest it's like somebody walking around in a toga in a coal mine. Of course, that's not even mentioning people like Osho, but in general all of these thinkers share in common the fact that compared to Marx (by 1844) they appear quite pagan.

All things considered, though, there is nothing that can be learnt from Nietzsche that can't be learnt from reading St. Paul.

- Friedrich Engels.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 346 time
browsing redmarx trying to kill time at work but pretty sure its actually making time slow down. Guess i'll go back to watching seagulls **** on peoples' cars.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 88 time
just go **** on a car yourself you lazy oaf
Rooster has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 346 time
http://www.roguejoker.com/games/Shootin ... dpoop.html

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 am 
Comrade

Nine acts like a seagull and shits on men, Noa acts like a male and shits on females. The vulgar, it would seem, always seek to desecrate that which is above them, and no doubt the Jews were just fucking around in their spare time when they killed the incarnate God.

- Friedrich Engels.

ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:54 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time

"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time
So what should we do if the DPRK invades and occupies? I swear all of my dreams this week have been about nightmarish life in DPRK

"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next