A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: What I'm up to
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:46 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
For some reason I just want to update anyone reading on what my Marxisty plans are.

Basically at my current job I can listen to stuff for roughly 5 hours more or less uninterrupted. If you can give me a text version of it, I can listen to it. Every weekend I plan on making some post hopefully relating to a specific work I've been listening to. Lately I've been listening to A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy. I intended on making a post about a question I had about money, but as I tried to make it my thoughts escaped me, so I'll listen to it more throughout this next week and take some notes when I can.

If you have any works you want to suggest me listening to or want to make a suggestion regarding my current listening plan feel free.

After I finish listening to the Contribution, I plan on listening over the entirity of German Ideology. Unfortunately the second volume isn't available on marxist.org due to the MECW copyright claim thing. It would be cool if someone could remedy that for me in a PM. After that I'll probably hit up Das Kapital.

In short, maybe Red Marx will return to what it was original supposed to be. Or maybe it'll just be a place for me to compile my thoughts and questions.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: What I'm up to
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:41 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
No particular suggestions for Marx works to read at work, nah. Couldn't that be counter-productive to the general forms of what you were supposed to do, though? It sounds like something a person might do if fairly pissed off, rather than casually. Anyway, you do that, and in all likelihood someone from here will respond.

Brole wrote:
In short, maybe Red Marx will return to what it was original supposed to be. Or maybe it'll just be a place for me to compile my thoughts and questions.

Eh, RM did generally get better during that period, it didn't begin with any particular direction which was exclusive of later developments. The good things present in that RM have generally moved to other areas primarily, though.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:52 am 
Comrade

Oh come now Zero are you accusing me of angstily listening to Marx at work? I just have a factory job in a quiet factory where the work is monotonous and my mind is free to contemplate what I will. Everyone is allowed to listen to their mp3 devices if they so choose. The real trouble is there's always this one group of kids who won't work and stand around outside the place yelling about higher wages or something. It's hard to focus on Marx when they're doing that.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:05 pm 
Comrade

Brole, you aren't listening to some cool druggy psychedelic metal, are you? Care to share? I'll probably not listen to it. Just like you were apparently unconcerned about being where the people you like were.

- Friedrich Engels.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:00 am 
Comrade

ZeroNowhere wrote:
Brole, you aren't listening to some cool druggy psychedelic metal, are you? Care to share? I'll probably not listen to it. Just like you were apparently unconcerned about being where the people you like were.

Are you upset because I dropped off the internet for a little bit?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:35 am 
Comrade

To say no would be mean. As much as Lenin's example might motivate me otherwise, I hate these ensuing blurred lines, and shall say no.

Well, obviously you did leave the cool not-working kids whom the people inside would be urgently trying to tell you not to listen to, so we are also categorically caught up in the ensuing wrath, except we're cooler because we're unconcerned, mostly. Maybe they're just keeping you in there until you admit to Lenin of apostasy. Ultimately, your being elsewhere just means that you have a bunch of people to bring with you to vent their spleen about how they hate this board and everyone in some nightclub agrees with them, as well as hating Marx, so if not it would appear you'd have to do that alone. Well, unless you can grab RED DAVE from the moon, where he is probably still affectionately counting dead Americans.

Anyway, this post is now probably too long. If it were a word, it would be long, so it's probably long then. Having observed this, you can probably feel free to rage about this if you wish. You may in the process channel your past anger against work, capitalism and its enjoyments, and employers against me, without actually meaning any of it. Or you could take narcotics, which would drown out the annoyance of your necessarily doing things, and do this more effectively than Marx.

- Friedrich Engels.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:03 pm 
Comrade

Summer is going to be crazy busy for me, sorry folks delays on everything I was doing before.

Report this post