A Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Re: Official RedMarx punk thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:51 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 661 time
I was never fan of Angelic Upstarts, especially because they made "Solidarty" song.

But, these guys are something different:

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”
Lenin, What Is To Be Done?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm 
Comrade

Well Upstarts are Labour supporters. I pretty much don't care about politics that much, cause most of bands have shitty politics anyway. My limit is Condemned 84. After that I don't go more on right.

Btw. this is the best that US skinheads went:

It's little bit shitty, but if you like song download album which has polished sound.

and something similar from UK (less punk, and more soul, ska etc.)

They were members of SWP lol I'm saying that, because of CNT's sticker on guys guitar haha

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 pm 
Comrade

btw. I love Beruier Noir! They are fucking clowns! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:22 pm 
Comrade

thefinalmarch wrote:
wow. IRL anarcho-trots.

No, just Trots. I don't know what's with the sticker, thou. They basically just sing about Russian revolution and mining strikes. Oh, and they have good song about Trotsky:

It's for dancing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
Искра wrote:
thefinalmarch wrote:
wow. IRL anarcho-trots.

No, just Trots. I don't know what's with the sticker, thou. They basically just sing about Russian revolution and mining strikes.

Weren't most of the POUM in the CNT? I'm guessing it might have something to do with that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm 
Comrade

I think that sticker is just random. POUM were not Trots anyway... "4th International" wrote pages and pages of useless **** against POUM. Not that I wanna defend POUM, but still...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
Oh, granted, but a lot of British Trots (and leftists more generally) have a bit of a stiffy for the POUM because it represent for them the high point of anti-Stalinist Leninism. Think it has something to do with the positive depiction in Homage to Catalonia.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm 
Comrade

Yeah.

Anyhow, this ain't punk, but I just can't resist because of this POUM discussion:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 17 time
some german punk, why not:

Wizo - Kein Gerede

Die Skeptiker - Strassenkampf

It is true that labor produces for the rich wonderful things – but for the worker it produces privation. It produces palaces – but for the worker, hovels. It produces beauty – but for the worker, deformity. It replaces labor by machines, but it throws one section of the workers back into barbarous types of labor and it turns the other section into a machine. It produces intelligence – but for the worker, stupidity, cretinism.
per levy has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 17 time
Die Ärzte - Schrei nach Liebe

pop-punk, yay.

It is true that labor produces for the rich wonderful things – but for the worker it produces privation. It produces palaces – but for the worker, hovels. It produces beauty – but for the worker, deformity. It replaces labor by machines, but it throws one section of the workers back into barbarous types of labor and it turns the other section into a machine. It produces intelligence – but for the worker, stupidity, cretinism.