RedMarx
http://redmarx.freeforums.org/

Quoting problems
http://redmarx.freeforums.org/quoting-problems-t1314.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  sartesian [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Quoting problems

PS-- We all should be using the "quote2" format for quoting-- beginning the citations with [quote2="......"] and then finishing with usual format command for closing the quote2 function.

Author:  Broletariat [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

sartesian wrote:
PS-- We all should be using the "quote2" format for quoting-- beginning the citations with [quote2="......"] and then finishing with usual format command for closing the quote2 function.


What's wrong with the regular [quote= function?

Author:  sartesian [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.

Author:  Broletariat [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

sartesian wrote:
It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.


That will be due to your style unfortunately. It displays just fine for me. If you want to alter your style you can do so under the user control panel > board style.

I'm not sure there's anything I can do about the fact that when you push "quote" to quote a person's post, the default quoting style of [quote= is selected.

Author:  sartesian [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

Broletariat wrote:
sartesian wrote:
It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.


That will be due to your style unfortunately. It displays just fine for me. If you want to alter your style you can do so under the user control panel > board style.

I'm not sure there's anything I can do about the fact that when you push "quote" to quote a person's post, the default quoting style of [quote= is selected.



Let's see: Just selected the "quote" function that's in the upper right hand corner of every post. There is nothing in board preferences or board style that seems to relate to the display of quoted sections of text.

Author:  sartesian [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

In the above post, there is no offset, or distinguishing display of the quoted text.

Author:  Broletariat [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

If you change your style to "Simple Dark Red" this is what you will see.

http://i.imgur.com/LHDGPrj.jpg

Author:  sartesian [ Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, only........I don't care for any of the other skins.

Author:  Broletariat [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Quoting problems

I just installed a new skin called Blue Moon that is fairly similar to Aeroblack which is the one I believe you are using, please give that one a try.

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the quoting problem.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/