RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Suggestions for RedMarx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:50 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
Anything you think would improve the quality of discussion here or improve the forum in general do make your suggestions here.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for RedMarx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:04 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 12 time
I think the good literature thread should be made a sticky. Actually an entire subforum of different threads with lists of literature, blogs, where to get sources etc might be nice. That's one part of Revleft I liked.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 661 time
Abolish all threads but one on revleft. Who cares about them.

Maybe to separate economy from theory and to rename theory into something like "politics" etc. In that way it would be easier to discuss for example "popular fronts" and "state capitalism" or "theory of value". It's about organising things... and of course that it can't be split like that so we'll discuss sometimes economy under "popular front" thread.

Also it would be cool that in "politics" you put thread about internationalist left organisations and magazines where only admins can post/edit and the rest of us send you information via PM.

Maybe even special board to discuss state capitalist regimes?

Color my name in some nice color so that I can be unique.

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”
Lenin, What Is To Be Done?
Искра has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 pm 
Comrade

Also, I believe that you should move this thread into "site managment".

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:49 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 100 time
I know a past thread was closed for this, but I think a stoner talk and drunk thread would be cool. About 90% of my posts on revleft were when I was drinking or high so I feel like it would make sense... I understand that would not be so much in the spirit of this forum. I suggested it on theredflag too, so I thought it would be good to suggest it here too. I don't really care if it is implemented as I am confident there will be a thread for it on theredflag.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:22 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 7 time
Model the forum model exactly off revleft. The sections worked well.
Wolves of Paris has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 am 
Comrade

Wolves of Paris wrote:
Model the forum model exactly off revleft. The sections worked well.

That is kind of stupid, because this forum doesn't want to be like revleft. For example, we don't need anti-fascism discussion, cause we are communists not anti-fascists... hehe

I think that this forum has some other needs, based on ideological-discussion agenda of its BA and users, so we should go in that direction.

Oh yeah, I'm against your hippie threads. Ban hippies.

Искра has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:51 am 
Comrade

In "history" you can discuss revolutions, uprisings, splits etc.

This would be special board where you could discuss regimes one by one from whatever point of view you want. There would be literature for people to read etc. I believe that you can't be an "utra-left" today without a decent critique of such regimes. Therefore, that's quite important for board such as this.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
Split the discussion of anti-fascism to:

http://redmarx.freeforums.org/split-fascism-anti-fascism-popular-fronts-t236.html

Unfortunately, it looks like page 2 in this topic got lost in the transfer. My apologies.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:53 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 62 time
lets get a real url thsi .freeforums.org stuff looks hokey

ill give someone the money (because im rich) but i cant host it because im paranoid
Grizzle McThornbody has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next