RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for RedMarx
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:24 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 447 time
I don't think it's the quantity that's problematic about your posts.

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."
- Marx, Value, Price and profit -
Zanthorus has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 161 time
By which I should take from it that the Theory sub is indeed only for those who can recite Capital by heart, backwards, in three different languages.

I which case you should indeed have stuck to a no freshmen policy because they dilute the content (and if the problem with my posts is indeed the content I've yet to get a massively critical response to most stuff I push into the ether so either people don't want to point out my obvious BS or just go rolling their eyes, both of which isn't what discussion should be about, eh?).

I mean really, how hard can it be to tell someone their posts are ****? Not sure if being snarky helps anyone.
Railyon has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:49 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
Wait a minute, what damage is being done by or in the Theory boards? I think Zero was being, shall we say "ironic"?

I don't think anything posted by anyone on the theory board has "diluted" the content. Lots I disagree with, but "diluting the content"? That's Puritanism, not Marxism.

For the record, I cannot recite Capital by heart, backwards or forwards, in any language. But I do read it often, and refer to it whenever possible.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:58 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 49 time
christmas greetings everyone. I am clearly one of the few sad enough to post here on Christmas night. But actually I am having a good day at home with family.

As regards suggestions for red-marx: I may be posting in the wrong place, in which case please re-route me. But anyway, I think the appearance of this forum as a rather explicitly marxist one is a rather significant development in what we can call the world of proletarian politics. But one of the things that I feel should be taken up more explicitly is this: given the seminal importance of libcom as a voice for working class politics, what made the comrades who established red-marx decided they needed to create a separate forum? Was it done without too much thought, or was there a more developed discussion at the time, or since? How much has it been discussed in relation to the historical split between marxism and anarchism?

For the new year, perhaps....

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:01 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
I never really got into libcom for reasons I can't explain, one of the other admins can probably elucidate what I felt intuitively and can't say.

Initially, this forum was meant to be a place for high-end theoretical discussions, see the thread in Theory titled Weekly Marx Quotes for an example of what we were doing at the time. It was very small and if you had a question then you would get a seriously in-depth response within a week or two usually from Zero.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:10 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 447 time
Merry Christmas Alf. And Merry Christmas to the rest of the board.

I thought our being separate from libcom was pretty obvious. The latter was set up by Anarchists and is full of, er, anarchists. This board holds no eternal principles of liberty and such, except for the eternal principle of Marx's infallibility.

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."
- Marx, Value, Price and profit -
Zanthorus has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 82 time
sounds lame
timeX has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
MARX, YOU FUCKERS.

I DECLARE MARX TO BE AWESOME.

YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME, BECAUSE I AM GOD.

ANY QUESTIONS? NO? GOOD.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.
ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:46 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
I agree with Zero, except for the god part. That belongs somewhere else. Neptune, maybe. or Pluto.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
Alf wrote:
I think the appearance of this forum as a rather explicitly marxist one is a rather significant development in what we can call the world of proletarian politics.

what.
Tim Finnegan has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next