RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Should we repost interesting things from facebook?
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:19 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
See? Noa is cool sometimes. They're like an earnest stalwart of 1984's Big Brother - there's no hiding from glass windows, and they hate all or most things involving affection or other such feminine traits.

Facebookleaks is the new thing. After that, all that's left is to find some female who's bored of Karl Marx's 'Das Kapital,' or underwhelmed by it generally, as since the advent of nightclubs females do not sleep ordinarily at respectable hours for doing such things, and then get down on them about it without consent. Perhaps ask them about whether they have read the 'Manifesto of the Communist Party' at an intimate moment and then **** them if they have not.

Anyway, I don't have a Facebook account, so you'll have to ask someone else, perhaps Zanthorus if they have not yet been slaughtered by the Westboro Baptist Church for making disgusting ****** music, or Devrim - who will probably write a German, orthodox left communist text by the name of 'Fishbook' or something, giving an account of fishes - or Savage, etc.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Post subject: Re: repost interesting things from facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:43 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
Perhaps a response is not immediately forthcoming because there are too many interesting discussions, points, groups (certainly including several devoted solely to Kierkegaard) etc. on facebook, so that it is an impossible task to repost them here, or if nevertheless someone were to succeed (repost all links which they daily "shared" or all comments that they "liked" - assuming that people share and like only what they find interesting) the result anyway would be merely that this page (unblocked facebook-leftcom) be turned into a huge wall of texts, practically impossible to absorb in its entirety by a single individual.

Note that I'm not speaking of a total transparency, but only of a filter of the most interesting.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:31 pm 
Comrade

Perhaps it's because they're paranoid about the obscure, dialectical nature of Facebook, compared to Myspace. It would remind them of home. As indeed, RedMarx was a home to RedMarxers, who had concluded as the old song says that there is a distinction between a mere house and a home, and hence absorbed most of the wisdom of Christianity.

Discussions of Kierkegaard are rarely not conversations about Sartre, and hence about Simone de Beauvoir. Generally speaking, all of these will be likely to be mentioned in the same breath, which makes you sort of wonder if people are genuinely talking about them or just happen to run into their names and figure they might as well post it on Facebook and so on, or are more likely bots who just mention these names randomly without considering if they have any clear relation. People will hence very easily turn renegade on Kierkegaard, which you must never do. It's desecration of souls in the 19th Century.

Genuine RedMarx members will have been wailing out the name of that century in a loud manner already.

- Friedrich Engels.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 pm 
Comrade

I don't propose that only the few "genuine" RM members repost merely their own facebook comments. Even preferably it can be from other leftcom/marxists, from discussions on general topics in political or theoretical groups. Objective points, not obscure inside jokes, etc. The latter have a tendency to ruin facebook groups as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:29 pm 
Comrade

Which is humorous because you're posting about Facebook on RedMarx.

I didn't mention that people had to post their own things, just that generally if they weren't already on Facebook they wouldn't have much incentive to look around for things on it. Realistically, if you want objective points from places, you could just as well ask for quotes from Marx or from any non-Facebook place on the internet, and if the specific place and what it tends towards - groups and occasional, brief posts - is irrelevant, then there's no particular reason to only source posts from Facebook.

Facebook could hardly be 'ruined' by inside-jokes, or in brief by a group being at the point of having coherent themes and being aware of these, or in general coherent and clearly differentiated from your Donald Trump supporters group next door to whom everything is obscure, in part because Facebook is itself a joke.

- Friedrich Engels.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:04 pm 
Comrade

But I thought it was obvious that I addressed myself to those already on facebook, and who find in it their altruistic heart to repost interesting things here, an open forum, so that the rest of us who don't have time or willingness for facebook, get to learn some interesting things, otherwise blocked from the search engine. A thread like this might not totally protect against the incoherence of facebook-content, but nevertheless reduce it somewhat like a filter, with ZeroNowhere being covered in the ****.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:09 pm 
Comrade

Sadly, I can't be, because I'm not on Facebook.

- Friedrich Engels.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 am 
Comrade

Yes you can be covered in ****, if hypothetically someone were to repost facebook-content here which strikes you as being such. By the way, just because you're not part of or personally experienced something, does not mean you cannot have an informed view on it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:15 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Noa--

Reposting interesting things from Facebook? How perfect for an age where derivatives are the fetish for value, that is to say the fetish for a fetish. One can barely mutter the word "alienation," meaning of course commerce, trade, exchange, which is what alienation is, and what Facebook is all about-- a trading platform, like NASDAQ.

Anyway, you can post whatever you want from any source, right? And identify that source or not, right?

But....here's the thing... let's try the old originality route for a bit-- not that it makes a whole lot of difference on a board which has been in hibernation as long as this one has.
sartesian has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am 
Comrade

The principle is the same as with publishing the minutes of the meetings of the C.C., editorial board, local discussion group, etc. It's against closed circle spirit.

Is that pointless or objectionable since it would be "merely" sharing, not creating new content?

Publish things in the open, so that they can be easily found, by everyone, and on a site that will keep the record for a long time. Leftcom/marxists can archive/save interesting discussions, comments, analyses, to a forum-thread like this.