RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: repost interesting things from facebook
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:25 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Noa wrote:
The principle is the same as with publishing the minutes of the meetings of the C.C., editorial board, local discussion group, etc. It's against closed circle spirit.

Is that pointless or objectionable since it would be "merely" sharing, not creating new content?

Publish things in the open, so that they can be easily found, by everyone, and on a site that will keep the record for a long time. Leftcom/marxists can archive/save interesting discussions, comments, analyses, to a forum-thread like this.

It's pointless because it isn't a CC, an editorial board, etc etc

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:14 pm 
Comrade

Although, which is more pointless: reposting comments from Facebook, or reposting comments from Facebook here

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:36 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
I sympathize somewhat with Noa's sentiment of desiring some 'transparency' in communist discussion. For starters, where is it even happening anymore? It used to be that I could check revleft and find Arty or Zero or even DAVE laying the smack down on Stalinists etc. while simultaneously positing working class positions to any given issues which would often times generate some genuine Marxist discussion. My goal from there was to siphon that discussion over here but it has since obviously left. Now all I can find is Arty's blog and whoever he links to, and while the blog is great Arty, it isn't a discussion with anyone. You leave comments over at The Planning Motive but the very format of a blog doesn't lend well to discussion, so the guy doesn't seem to really be engaging with your arguments, and it would be interesting to see him do so. I don't really care on what forum or where the discussion happens, but to simply have some 'neutral' ground that isn't party affiliated where Marxists can discuss things would be refreshing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:26 am 
Comrade

I know, Bro. Which is why I wish Red Marx would have grown and prospered.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:25 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
The last time I kept up (one and a half year ago)

- the most busy/up-to-date political group was still "Aftermath", having one or two former RedMarx members. It was set up in the aftermath of a collapse of an earlier more diverse group. Ross Wolf is the main admin. It is a secret group.

- but eventually there was an exodus/split of people who didn't like Wolf. They set up their own group (also secret, can't remember the name). Couple of them operate the Ritual magazine site. Perhaps they further split, but I did not witness it.

- value form theory group, I think it is a closed (not secret) group (set up by mr novus). Mostly fans of Michal Heinrich, but sizable dissenting minority is allowed (except Wolf).

- communism 101 anti-tank group, is public (lots of beginners' questions): https://www.facebook.com/groups/553592904784324/

Average group size is easily 500 members.

A lot of them hate facebook, even would recognise that the forum format was better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:23 pm 
Comrade

So how do you get them over here? I've got an idea-- plagiarism. We take the questions that they are dealing with in the 101 group, and deal with them here.

You, as our Facebook ambassador, can then tell them what a superb job we're doing analyzing the same material.

BTW, I'm serious...that might work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:57 am 
Comrade

That would entail also my idea of reposting here the interesting (or not so) answers/analyses/comments already made (in that 101 group to those beginner's questions).

It has nothing to do with plagiarism. People already share interesting posts on their facebook page, so my proposal is simply for them to also share it outside of facebook.

And then as a bonus, perhaps they get an insightful comment from you or Zeronowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
Noa wrote:
That would entail also my idea of reposting here the interesting (or not so) answers/analyses/comments already made (in that 101 group to those beginner's questions).

It has nothing to do with plagiarism. People already share interesting posts on their facebook page, so my proposal is simply for them to also share it outside of facebook.

And then as a bonus, perhaps they get an insightful comment from you or Zeronowhere.

I think the idea would be for you to look over what they're discussing over there, distill it in to its essential form, posit it as a singular question or a few questions in the Learning or Theory forum or wherever you think appropriate, follow it up with an answer of your own maybe the types of answers they've given your analysis of that etc. and we'll chime in as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 pm 
Comrade

I did do that when I was still on there (no longer, since it was not consistent with my own standpoint). For example: the thread I started on Kliman's comment on standard of price was taken from his facebook wall. Kliman is also against the principle of secret groups by the way. I also reposted most of my own facebook-wall posts, in the thread on journals.

The secret groups are (relatively) more interesting than the communism 101 public group. It's also mainly from them that things should be reposted. I prefer that it's more theoretical/historical stuff, not news cycle related.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 pm 
Comrade

Noa wrote:

"Plagiarism" was meant as a joke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next