A Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: RevForum is accepting new members
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 0 time
After this forum died out some long time ago, I just came in to invite all it's members to RevForum, we have our doors wide open!

(Also, If the Admin intends on closing this forum, is there any way the content can be saved? I enjoy necroing good threads)

Report this post

Post subject: Re: RevForum is accepting new members
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:17 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Really? Little late bro... but in any case, I've been banned there for years...although I was never a participant. Thanks for the invite, but no thanks.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:38 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
Props Artesian. And there are multiple Admins, we do not have an agreement on any such thing.

Anyway, they're all basically dead, if you think back to a few years. RedMarx at least has a pleasant claim to be a part of this. You suspect that members might be best off going to Revleft, although they may again see administrative action taken against them (with the similar gimmick that the 'Administration' is subordinated to the whims of moderators and whoever else and simply pushed to fall behind them on whatever, while still pretending to be the basis of their moderator position over there, so that they have no real structure of authority in place and then pretended that they did - but speaking of which they also don't have much worthwhile discussion of revolutionary theory at this point), as indeed a person in a university society might find themselves assaulted by a rampant secretary if the place weren't even pretending to be 'revolutionary' and hence obligated to eschew that passive careerist pressure and self-destruct given the circumstances around it. Anyway, speaking of RevForum, while you suspect that the place wouldn't have much of a point given the current state of Revleft, and was otherwise very much reminiscent of eclecticism, it does seem likely that it's effectively inactive and a strange place to recommend. Perhaps it's due to your dubious grip on time and temporal issues generally? I mean, this kind of accusation has to work somewhere.

If another Admin posts in this thread, then we can probably lock and/or trash it, if not then they probably deserve it, and would have in all likelihood tacitly agreed even if it was posted when this forum was increasing in activity, because they did that kind of thing constantly. Other than that, we at least have S. Artesian being edgy and discontented with things, as they were before, so we might suggest that the experiment was worth it. Like a respectable counsellor brings out the most abrasive and opposed responses from decent people, so mentioning RevForum has inundated this board with attitude worthy of Sonic 2006, in all likelihood something they remember like Copernicus talking about stars.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:29 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
^^^^^That's what I'm talking about. That's the Zero I know and loved; and miss.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
I suppose you'll have to chase me then.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:09 pm 
Comrade

Well, RevLeft is in coma. RevForum is now filled with the old users from RevLeft, and it's content greatly increased, both in quantity and variety. We would all love to have the perfect forum but that's what we have now, and it is not a weird cliquish thing like RevLeft was. It's active and viable, it's variety has increased since then.

(Honestly, I quit RevForum just after the first post. Too many Chomskyans. Now there are way more posters and I can have a debate with more than one person, even if it is not perfect. Come make it better yet, you who have time! I hope we can build a real community there.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:14 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
I presume you meant to say you quit Revleft, otherwise it seems odd to invite us to a webforum you've quit posting at.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 am 
Comrade

I had quit after the first post, I know what everyone thinks of it, but now half of the RevLeftians are there and I'm inviting more people at this very moment.

Report this post