RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: reintroduction
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 82 time
Ravachol wrote:
Weren't you in the 'Orthodox marxist' camp on RL or whatever?

Revolutionary
Marxists, comrade. See my works on Kautsky-as-a-Marxist.
timeX has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
Is it just me, or do the "revolutionary Marxists" give the impression of having read Dauve's "The 'Renegade' Kautsky and his Disciple Lenin", and mistaken it for an endorsement?
Tim Finnegan has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 28 time
Ravachol wrote:
Was a few months ago. The user Grenzer and I have always sort of been peers and developed intellectually alongside each other by bouncing ideas off of each other. We both sort of got fed up with both their ideology (pan-leftism, parliamentary cretinism, mass party fetishism, ultra-voluntarism, etc.) and how they conduct themselves on revleft (i.e. recruitment drives, campaigns to get their own into BA positions, press-ganging newbies, etc.). He's something of a left communist/ultra-leftist now, although he doesn't really identify with any of the "official" orgs of the communist left. I think you know of him, he said some of the reading recommendations you and bmh gave him helped turn him away from voluntarism.

I sympathize with the ultra-left on a lot of things, but ultra-leftists probably wouldn't really accept me into their camp.

"There is no trace of utopianism in Marx, in the sense that he invented or imagined a 'new society.' No, he studied the birth of the new society from the old, the forms of transition from the latter to the former as a natural historical process. He examined the actual experience of the mass proletarian movement and tried to draw practical lessons from it. He 'learned' from the Commune, like all the great revolutionary thinkers who were not afraid to learn from the experience of the great movements of the oppressed classes, and who never preached pedantic 'sermons.'"- Lenin

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm 
Comrade

Goatboy wrote:
Ostrinski wrote:
Who do I know you as?

You might be familiar with the psudeonyms Panglossian/Beninist/Vincent Price is Dead or Louis Schifer, but you can just call me Lucifer.
So you're that guy that doesn't post at all on revleft, just hands out rep? How come you're not such a ballbuster on there?

Goatboy wrote:
Ravachol wrote:

Yeah, he was a loyal DNZite until he read DNZ´s odes to the Gulag.
Nah it started a bit before that.

"There is no trace of utopianism in Marx, in the sense that he invented or imagined a 'new society.' No, he studied the birth of the new society from the old, the forms of transition from the latter to the former as a natural historical process. He examined the actual experience of the mass proletarian movement and tried to draw practical lessons from it. He 'learned' from the Commune, like all the great revolutionary thinkers who were not afraid to learn from the experience of the great movements of the oppressed classes, and who never preached pedantic 'sermons.'"- Lenin

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time
[quote="Ostrinski"] I sympathize with the ultra-left on a lot of things, but ultra-leftists probably wouldn't really accept me into their camp.

********! You're an Ultra-Left to me. Join the club, what do you support or uphold that would make ultra-lefts not accept you?
"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 13 time
[quote="Jas"][quote="Ostrinski"] I sympathize with the ultra-left on a lot of things, but ultra-leftists probably wouldn't really accept me into their camp.

********! You're an Ultra-Left to me. Join the club, what do you support or uphold that would make ultra-lefts not accept you?

I was wondering too why you're so sure ultra-leftists (whoever they are) wouldn't accept you into their camp, Ostrinkski But it's good that Jas wants you to join "the club". Which club would that be Jas? (just joking). I thought posters on this site were against joining any orgs?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:20 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
I don't think anyone here is against joining any orgs, the feeling would probably be more that orgs are small and irrelevant to class struggle, but they can serve a purpose to communists i.e. connecting communists and helping newer communists establish some theoretical footing or something. I'm also sure most posters here would have some form of criticism about most existing orgs, however.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 82 time
The only org you should join is redmarx 8-)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am 
Comrade

red-marx should be a political organization.

"So fundamental to Marx’s method was this distinction between property relations and the social relations of production that he refused to recognize property forms or property relations at all, unless they included the total relations of production; 'outside of these relations bourgeois property is nothing but a metaphysical or juristic illusion.'" - CLR James
Otto Mattick has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
have i ever mentioned how great a poster timex is

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next