A Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Problems Accessing Site with Firefox
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 447 time
Zero and Broletariat have already heard me complain about this but basically I haven't been able to access the site on Firefox since tuesday. The page just keeps loading and loading with nothing ever showing up (Not even a connection to server timed out message). Clearing recent history did nothing. I'm not using any add-ons and my ISP is Tiscali broadband. Currently accessing the site with Internet Explorer and everything seems fine. Later on I'll have a play around and see if any other browsers have similar issues.

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."
- Marx, Value, Price and profit -

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Problems Accessing Site with Firefox
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:38 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 100 time
That's odd. Which version of firefox are you using? Have you tried a fresh install? I haven't had any problems accessing it with firefox or operamobile.

You could alternatively use chrome(or chromium if you don't want google watching your online activity).

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am 
Comrade

Just to add to this. I've tried accessing the site with both Google Chrome and Opera. They both worked fine the first time I tried logging into the site with either, but slowed down humongously after only a couple of browser clicks. Opera still seems to 'work' with RedMarx but not functionally, I can only access the homepage, and even getting onto that gives me flashbacks to the days of dial-up internet. Actually logging on with anything but Internet Explorer doesn't work. In addition the chat function doesn't work properly on IE. It did on Google Chrome until the latter decided that it didn't want to work properly with RM anymore.

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 63 time
Very odd, I'm using Firefox right now (always have done, for far longer than I've been on RedMarx) and it's fine. don't know which version I'm using though - not the latest one.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 pm 
Comrade

Tried all of the above. Still not working. I'm sure it must have something to do with the browser, or I wouldn't be able to access the site via Internet Explorer, but the fact that every other browser I've tried so far doesn't work with the site does make me wonder. Also there's still the fact that AJAX doesn't seem to function on IE.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 am 
Comrade

No on the sights other than this question. Every other forum and site I go on works fine in FF. Tried again last night with Safari and it worked last night. Then this morning when I boot up Safari again it's doing the same thing. This seems to be a running theme in this, all the browsers I try other than IE work the first time I boot them up, but on the second try the issue springs up. I don't know if that's any help.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 63 time
I switched to a machine with an older version of FF earlier today - couldn't get on this one for a bit - and it worked fine. I logged on several times too. So it doesn't seem to be a general problem with older versions of FF.

But this version apparently is FF 15.0.1.

I think that it implies the problem is with your machine not with FF itself.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
Comrade

Huh, I tried accessing the site with Firefox just as a test today and it worked. Whatever was wrong seems to have sorted itself out somehow or another.

Zanthorus has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
An engineer, chemist and computer scientist are riding in a car when it breaks down.

The engineer tries to work with the engine and the car still won't start

the chemist looks at the fuel mixture and concentration but everything is fine

the computer scientist says, lets all get out, turn the car off, then turn it on again and see if it works.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
And did they, and did it?

Report this post