RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]



Welcome


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Quoting problems
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 am 
Offline
Comrade

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 617
Has thanked: 17 time
Have thanks: 25 time
PS-- We all should be using the "quote2" format for quoting-- beginning the citations with [quote2="......"] and then finishing with usual format command for closing the quote2 function.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:27 pm 
Offline
Comrade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 1760
Has thanked: 275 time
Have thanks: 572 time
sartesian wrote:
PS-- We all should be using the "quote2" format for quoting-- beginning the citations with [quote2="......"] and then finishing with usual format command for closing the quote2 function.


What's wrong with the regular [quote= function?

_________________
Creation isn't beautiful. You inspire the ugliest things.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 pm 
Offline
Comrade

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 617
Has thanked: 17 time
Have thanks: 25 time
It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 pm 
Offline
Comrade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 1760
Has thanked: 275 time
Have thanks: 572 time
sartesian wrote:
It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.


That will be due to your style unfortunately. It displays just fine for me. If you want to alter your style you can do so under the user control panel > board style.

I'm not sure there's anything I can do about the fact that when you push "quote" to quote a person's post, the default quoting style of [quote= is selected.

_________________
Creation isn't beautiful. You inspire the ugliest things.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:02 am 
Offline
Comrade

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 617
Has thanked: 17 time
Have thanks: 25 time
Broletariat wrote:
sartesian wrote:
It doesn't work. It never worked. That's why Zero introduced quote2. Look at the post by Scientific Socialist. The only quoted part that is distinguishable from the main text is the part I cited using quote2. SS's quote from my post is not distinguishable as a quote from another source.


That will be due to your style unfortunately. It displays just fine for me. If you want to alter your style you can do so under the user control panel > board style.

I'm not sure there's anything I can do about the fact that when you push "quote" to quote a person's post, the default quoting style of [quote= is selected.



Let's see: Just selected the "quote" function that's in the upper right hand corner of every post. There is nothing in board preferences or board style that seems to relate to the display of quoted sections of text.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 am 
Offline
Comrade

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 617
Has thanked: 17 time
Have thanks: 25 time
In the above post, there is no offset, or distinguishing display of the quoted text.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:04 pm 
Offline
Comrade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 1760
Has thanked: 275 time
Have thanks: 572 time
If you change your style to "Simple Dark Red" this is what you will see.

http://i.imgur.com/LHDGPrj.jpg

_________________
Creation isn't beautiful. You inspire the ugliest things.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Automation and Capitalism (an article in progress)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:47 pm 
Offline
Comrade

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 617
Has thanked: 17 time
Have thanks: 25 time
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, only........I don't care for any of the other skins.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quoting problems
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 pm 
Offline
Comrade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 1760
Has thanked: 275 time
Have thanks: 572 time
I just installed a new skin called Blue Moon that is fairly similar to Aeroblack which is the one I believe you are using, please give that one a try.

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the quoting problem.

_________________
Creation isn't beautiful. You inspire the ugliest things.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Donate Now
Donate Now



Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation

Design By Poker Bandits  

suspicion-preferred