It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Hi.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:43 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi RedMarx.

Recently I've had the urge to start participating in - or at least checking in on - the various communist-focused forums again. (I'm not anyone you'd remember, because I used to do a lot of reading but not a ton of posting: I was CactusWolf here and WanderingCactus on RevLeft, iirc)

Took a peek at RevLeft, but it's mostly terrible. And full of impressively boring, empty conversations. RevForum seems unchanged in that it looks like a sort of sad waste of time, mostly. So naturally I decided on RedMarx, since it's clearly a vibrant, flourishing community these days. How many users post regularly at this point? 3-5? (That's a genuine question.)

At any rate, I really do appreciate the quality and nature of the conversations that happen here, regardless of how many or how often people participate in them.

I'm not remotely as well-equipped in the realm of theory as you guys are - I don't have a ton to bring to the table there - but hey, maybe that'll begin to change if I make a point of keeping up on the topics discussed here.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Hi.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:26 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
Nice to have you back.

I think the current number of posters is probably best estimated at 3 or 4 counting myself. Due to the very small size of this webforum you have the ability to very much control the discussion that happens here. The fact that you aren't as 'well-equipped' may be an asset to the forum in so far as my topic on competition isn't going to appeal to your random /r/communism101 redditor but maybe a thread you start has more relevance to them which can serve to snowball activity here.

The idea would be that you try your best to formulate a question or issue you'd like addressed, and I, and probably arty, would do our best to answer the question/issue to its full extent enabling the thread to serve as a more solid 'answer' to that question that may then get passed around a place like /r/communism101 where you can't find such solid 'answers' thus attracting more people and as we all develop theoretically together we tackle harder 'issues' etc.

That's a pipe dream obviously but hey I'm committed to staying active over here now, but I'll be much less active than I'd like to be until the summer ends unfortunately.

Report this post