RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Re: Everyone just wants their own little farm.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:47 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
sartesian wrote:
Nothing wrong with being grandiose, but it ain't gonna happen. Blogs are a result of the fragmentation of the class; its inability to organize a party of itself; to become a self-tribune, you should pardon the expression. We're not going to remedy that on an internet forum.

I'd be more than happy to direct everyone to this site, and post anything I write here simultaneously with what's on my blog-- or even a day ahead. But how much impact that will have....................???

We aren't the working class though, just as we don't necessarily expect the working class at large to have even a general idea of anti-capitalist theory regarding capitalist crises or anything doesn't mean the communist 'consciousness' cannot be more advanced. So as the working class is fragmented the communist milieu can still be relatively united. I think Engels basically charged the communists with staying united in times where nothing else can be done.

“When the conditions no longer permit an organization to act effectively, when it simply comes down to keeping the tie together that unites the association for the time being in order to re-utilize it at the occasion ; those people can always be found who are not able to accommodate themselves to this situation and who simply want to play busybody and demand ‘to do something’, whereas this something cannot be something else than a stupidity.”

The first half being the important half in this case.

I'd appreciate it if you just went ahead with your original idea you first suggested, upon reflection it does seem silly to try and get everyone to do it at once. If you could let me know someway of who all you've already contacted so I don't double-contact them I'd appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Haven't contacted anyone....yet.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:56 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 447 time
For what it's worth, Feuerbach retired to live a simple countryside existence, while Marx moved to London, so there is some precedence to the idea that the simple life in nature leads to political stagnation.

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."
- Marx, Value, Price and profit -