A Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Re: repost interesting things from facebook
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:55 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
Obviously an insult implies some form of divergence.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:27 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
So I can't expect of you to clearly state what your divergences with me are about, because that would imply a form of recognition of me, your enemy so to speak?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:50 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Christ on a crutch-- this is the off-topic category, a thread about Facebook, of all things. Noa, if you want to post something that has some actual content, preferably your own, and much preferably, original, then do it. Otherwise, Bro, being the only Admin remaining ought to end and lock this thread-- or better yet, delete it in its entirety.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:39 am 
Comrade

I posted this in off-topic, because it's not on a topic (it's not about facebook, however interesting it might be to hear youse thoughts on that). It's not meant to solicit comment from the Redmarx elders (who are after all not on facebook, in case you didn't know yet).

Leave this thread open, for any passerby (I have in mind the people who left redmarx, but occasionally return for a lurk) who might be so generous as to re-post interesting things from facebook leftcom/marxists.

If I wanted to ask for help to make this thread succeed, I could ask Bro to email my suggestion to the entire list of RedMarx members, if he had access to such list of email addresses. But that would be weird perhaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 25 time
Noa wrote:
I posted this in off-topic, because it's not on a topic (it's not about facebook, however interesting it might be to hear youse thoughts on that). It's not meant to solicit comment from the Redmarx elders (who are after all not on facebook, in case you didn't know yet).

Leave this thread open, for any passerby (I have in mind the people who left redmarx, but occasionally return for a lurk) who might be so generous as to re-post interesting things from facebook leftcom/marxists.

If I wanted to ask for help to make this thread succeed, I could ask Bro to email my suggestion to the entire list of RedMarx members, if he had access to such list of email addresses. But that would be weird perhaps.
]

I don't know about others, but I'm not on Facebook. Sure thing.... a bulletin board where people can repost things from Facebook and.........and exactly what? Attract the odd passerby? Got it. Sounds like a plan

I've got an idea-- let's open a number of topics, say: 1. Sources of the current economic distress in capitalism. 2. What is overproduction. 3. How, truly, does turnover impact the rate of profit, such that calculating the annual rate of profit is, or is not, adequate to capturing the trend in profitability 4. What constitute capitalist transformation of agricultural production relations 5. Is such a thing as a united front even possible 6. Technical, value, organic composition of capital-- what is the interrelation--- and let's see if anyone is interested in responding to any of those issues
sartesian has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:10 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
Real talk Noa, if you want a thread to repost facebook things for it at least shouldn't be THIS thread. I can split discussion about whether or not we want to actually have such a thread somewhere else if you want and move the facebook one to... maybe just leave it here I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:01 am 
Comrade

Yes please start a new clean thread (using the opening post of this one) where you think is best.