RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog reactionary?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:40 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
(this would be your typical revleft thread)

I missed this earlier:
http://teamcoco.com/video/triumph-world-cup-part-1
http://teamcoco.com/video/triumph-world-cup-part-2
http://teamcoco.com/video/triumph-world-cup-part-3

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog reactionary?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
Zanth wrote:
I suspect that the people who enjoy the comedy aren't looking as deeply into it, or looking for the same things, as it's critics.

• Twilight critics generally would unknowing describe pretty much why females actually enjoy the book.
  • This comes off as obnoxious.
  • Fifty Shades of Grey critics might be missing a certain part of its appeal, nonetheless to criticise it in the same terms as Twilight is misleading, as Twilight is better literature. s/o Noa good posts btw.
  • I'm sure the point about the characters having to be lightly sketched was made by me a few ages ago, still there's more to say about that in terms of how such novels are centred around a central relation which the reader is to relate to and therefore less centred around character, which therefore inhibits coherent thematic or theological development to a degree, which means that it ought to be judged on the basis of its genre rather than by arbitrary standards, and characters are to whatever extent abstract or generally aren't capable of being as introverted as possible, a factor which also limits their appeal to females although evidently part of this is that anxiety would tend towards concrete or particular fullfilments in lieu of these novels, which are in this sense court-marshalled into serving a purpose which is external to the aesthetic or as it follows to desire or attractiveness, hence to the novel or the metaphorical or conceptual purposes which indeed it ought to serve, which external impulse can only be paraphrased in terms of the will or symbolic spurs towards an irrational purpose external to the novel. Obviously, novels are conceptual on an important level, and as a result of this don't really satisfy what people would want from novels, making modernity's desire for the novel into a futile, tragic form of existence where novels become an extension of schooling otherwise and hence child-focused and in a sense propping up an order where, as it were, "Money is the jealous god of Israel, in face of which no other god may exist." The result of this is that Fifty Shades of Grey has obvious issues which make it a less worthwhile novel.
  • It seemed like an apt Marx quotation, alright.
  • The Critique of Critical Criticism is probably just an affirmation of the positive aspects of Fifty Shades of Grey, which is not only critic but critics and therefore critical criticism is merely critic in a particular manner which doesn't incorporate multiple critics and thus is in itself missing the point of the book and its sequels which seem to exist according to the newspapers, which may exist given that it is frequently alleged the following, "there is not enough action, one can relate the content in three words, and so on the stage it would bore even those who can appreciate the beauties of the execution. Any improvement, it is true, would be difficult since the action is so constructed that to move anything from the second act to the first would only do harm elsewhere. But here the true dramatist proves his worth, and if Gutzkow is one, as I am convinced he is, he will solve the problem satisfactorily in the tragedy as a whole which he has promised to and will, we hope, soon complete. Hamlet in Wittenberg already gives us the outline of a whole. Gutzkow has done well to give only the outlines here, since the most successful part, the scene in which Ophelia appears, would offend if depicted in greater detail."

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog reactionary?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:14 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
I probably missed a deleted post, so I don't know how this turned to Twilight, but that last quote ZN gives is from an interesting series by Engels: https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/w ... terary.htm

I wanted to raise a serious point with this thread actually, though I forgot what it was. Something about the sought after effect of vulgar stand up comedy perhaps.

Everything may be parodied, even parody.[..] Laughter too cynical to be free. And, in fact, this laughter is suspicious.[..] The laughter of all is the accomplice of the universal degradation. Certain unwholesome festivals disintegrate the people, and make it a populace. And for populaces as well as for tyrants, buffoons are needed. - Victor Hugo

Report this post