A Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: So uh, lets make sure I've not gone off the deep end
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
It's been a while since I've discussed news stories with communists or anything, so when I see such a story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 06508.html

I'm inclined to think, bleh, horrible crime sure, but the people probably abused their workers and this is just their way of striking back (tad excessive, tad fruitless, but not the point).

It seems mostly to strike me as stupidly similar to peasant rebellions in medieval europe. Peasants would allegedly raid noble families and **** the women murder the children etc.

Sound about right, or have I been too high in my ivory tower running biology experiments :(

Report this post

Post subject: Re: So uh, lets make sure I've not gone off the deep end
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 13 time
As you say this is a completely horrible event. I suppose its criminal. But decadent capitalism and it's savagely alienating tendencies are sort of driving everyone crazy. I don't know if these "employers" treated their workers badly or not, and the workers' revenge -if that's what it was(we only have Huffington's account to go on) - is of a useless, futile and disgusting savagery. If they laughed as led away in court it only shows how mad they are! Like the police in S.Africa who tied somebody to the back of their truck and drove off dragging him behind. He died. Like the warring bourgeois gangs in Syria who use chemical weapons and will slaughter anyone who gets in their way. Like competing drug lords in Mexico to whom human life is ****. Like ruling bourgeois governments in the US and elsewhere, who happily use torture and happily lie about it to perpetuate their miserable rule. Whatever the peasantry got up to years ago can be nothing compared to the cruelty and murder perpetrated and brought about by the modern bourgeoisie in the maintenance of what they - crackpots that they are - like to call LAW AND ORDER.

The best way for workers to strike back is to organize together to begin work towards getting rid of the capitalist system which underpins all the horror stuff.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:48 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 82 time
Eh, the one guy was a gardener and the other was just the son of the family maid? Sounds more like just two sick fucks looking for a thrill than an act of revenge.
timeX has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
Well, during Cuba' Ten Year War, the first combat against Spain, Maceo had two of his troops executed for molesting the wife of a Spanish Army officer.

I'm with Maceo. Sick fucks are sick fucks and nothing capitalism does makes you drown a 12 year old boy in boiling water. I'm inclined to not even believe the story, playing, as it does into every white person's fantasy/nightmare-- like the old fears of "African barbarism" in the slave South of the US. Certainly revolts occurred the gave no quarter to the slaveholders -- but they only barbarism practiced was that of the slaveholders.

Like I said, I don't buy the story.

Report this post