RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Marxism for noobs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 112 time
[quote="S.Artesian"][quote="thesadmafioso"]

The pro-situ comment was made with a tremendous degree of intentional detachment, irony if you will, so as to outline how utterly bankrupt your own ideological tendencies are.

Intentional detachment, irony? FFS, do you make this **** up, or does someone write it down for you. I have zero ideological tendencies. I do have a great appreciation for historical materialism, and Trotsky's history, his actual history of the determinants and the course of the RR is not outweighed nor negated by his Bolshevism.

Quote:
And yes, by speaking to both of the examples which you've provided and assessing their contents in the most detail of anyone since involved in this topic, I've outlined a singular pseudo-avant garde niche for myself, that makes a great deal of sense indeed.

No, you didn't provide any detail, you provided in your personal tastes regarding two examples, remaining not so curiously silent re Mariategui, probably because Debord never mentions him, or is it because he wasn't French?

Quote:
Since Debord is apparently disdainful to this crowd, I suppose I could amend my selections to involve Lefebvre (selections of his essays are easy enough to come across and contain very important commentaries on the earlier developments of French Hegelian Marxism), Vaneigem (coming off of the previously mentioned critique of everyday life, the revolution of as much is a natural progression), Lukacs (most of the essays in HOCC are quite short), Pannekoek (Workers Councils is the best example to come to mind), and Korsch (Karl Marx and some of his essays on dialectics are all good works of multitude).

You could have, but you did not. Because such other selections are mere afterthoughts to someone who essentially has established a fetish around a single pamphlet.

Quote:
There you have it, Hegelian Marxism without Debord, now will you shut the **** up about this niche ********? I use Debord more often than not as he combines all of the above mentioned in his work, so he is simply the most concise and expansive source to refer to in these scenarios. Also, for introductory purposes, he entails a great deal less reading and background study, which, in this scenario, one might consider to have some value.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. SOTS requires less background study to make sense of it? That's hilarious. And pathetic.

Quote:
I recall some retrograde **** on this site saying to me that I was quite diluted in my thinking if I thought workers would ever care to act in a revolutionary manner which challenged any totality known to our era, well, to amend this slightly, you're fucked if you think that the negation of modern capitalism is going to have anything to do with the history of state capitalism and its various different ideological charlatans.

Newsflash, History of the Russian Revolution is not the history of state capitalism, but the history of a social revolution. There's any number of works on the Mexican Revolution, US Reconstruction, Bolivia under the MNR, China, Spain that demonstrate the principles of Marxist historical analysis-- just so happens that the Russian Revolution was the one where the proletariat actually created the organizations that took power-- although I'm sure you think October 1917 was just another episode in the serial spectacle.

I don't know who that retrograde **** was, but I do know a poser when I run across one.

Do we really want to drag this topic into another discourse, if we can say as much of it, on the content of the events of October?

As for the few comments in this mess worthy of refutation, SOTS is a contemporary analysis of the social relations of late capitalism, Trotsky's study requires a defensive stance to be taken by the reader for a couple hundred pages of ideological production, making the former a great deal more useful while also outlining its comparative accessibility.

Additionally, if you were capable of having a more in depth discussion on this matter, I would be more than happy to explain in some detail the comparative position of SOTS to the larger body of situationist critique, details which are actually quite important to understanding the full weight of the document. Of course, such is not the case, so I am invariably left defending the most basic elements of the situationist project more often than I would prefer.

I mean, given the general hatred present on the site for Debord, what precisely is it that would motivate me to initially provide a list of the theoretical lineage present in Debord's work? Am I to do as much just to have some miserable **** call Debord a 'froggie'?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time
TSM who? I can't see him, not anymore :D

I would like to see this thread be full of good books and resources that Marx noobs like me can read and increase their knowledge. BS arguments that have no relevancy should no longer be tolerated. Let's do something productive for once. This thread seems to be a good start.

"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
Jas wrote:
TSM who? I can't see him, not anymore :D

I would like to see this thread be full of good books and resources that Marx noobs like me can read and increase their knowledge. BS arguments that have no relevancy should no longer be tolerated. Let's do something productive for once. This thread seems to be a good start.

> boasts about ignoring someone.
> takes the high ground.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.
ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Split from 'Marxism for noobs'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
Not sure why that was necessary. Kontrra requested it, and I think that the least that they deserve is for us to do the opposite.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.
ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Split from 'Marxism for noobs'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 504 time
I think Artesian and TSM should just not engage with each other anymore.

“When the conditions no longer permit an organization to act effectively, when it simply comes down to keeping the tie together that unites the association for the time being in order to re-utilize it at the occasion ; those people can always be found who are not able to accommodate themselves to this situation and who simply want to play busybody and demand ‘to do something’, whereas this something cannot be something else than a stupidity.”-Engels

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2