RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official RedMarx Heavy Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time

Love this band. They're a local band in my state and I'm hoping to see them in June

"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:11 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 321 time
There's quite a solid stoner/doom seen around North Carolina and Virginia, right? Wish we had something like that around here!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:45 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time
Tim Finnegan wrote:
There's quite a solid stoner/doom seen around North Carolina and Virginia, right? Wish we had something like that around here!

Idk about Stoner/Doom metal, but I do know Katatonia played here in my town on Friday I believe. Aether Realm is a Folk/Death Metal band

Hail the Infernal Marx Cult!

"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:35 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 17 time
Saber Tiger- Die with Crying

1990 japanese metal, not so bad.

It is true that labor produces for the rich wonderful things – but for the worker it produces privation. It produces palaces – but for the worker, hovels. It produces beauty – but for the worker, deformity. It replaces labor by machines, but it throws one section of the workers back into barbarous types of labor and it turns the other section into a machine. It produces intelligence – but for the worker, stupidity, cretinism.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:22 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
From Secrecy's 'Art in Motion,' which was followed by 'Raging Romance' some years later:

Secrecy are the opposite of whatever players are. They are the real Katy Perry, enemy of shallow pop musicians.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm 
Comrade

Some of Devin Townsend's 'Casualties of Cool' album.

The album is mostly reducible to this. A bit better than their next album, of course, which was just a bunch of people saying things in weird voices, and occasionally loud sounds, which is only just about better than Mozart, as most things are. And there are few principles as prevalent in heavy metal as being only slightly better than other kinds of music, a modus operandi rarely diverged from.

- Friedrich Engels.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:11 pm 
Comrade

As much as Holocaust would be cooler, like many other things, if they were NSBM, they are a decent, obscure progressive metal band. This is one of their more accessible songs, although still probably too obscure for most people who are into things like Rihanna and Kautsky.

- Friedrich Engels.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 pm 
Comrade

Sad surrender to mature consensus,
Determined to forget past inspirations...

The slightly Indian mysticism-tinged 'Will you ever see beyond the shadows again?' is poignant, drawing of course on the shadows as a representation of worldliness and its enjoyable - to those beholden to it - illusions.

- Friedrich Engels.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:14 am 
Comrade

- Friedrich Engels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:16 pm 
Comrade

Pseudo-prog metal, in some ways. Strangely reminiscent of Dream Theater on occasion. While the time period isn't quite convincing, it's quite surreal and convincing in a way. Having the chorus as such be made up mostly of observations is a creative if slightly obscure touch.

- Friedrich Engels.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next