A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: New Darkthrone album in February
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 17 time
quote: "We're looking at a February 25th release date for "The Underground Resistance". Cd and vinyl layout is almost done. If I don't answer your messages, rest assure, I don't have the time for answering anything. Thanks for staying in touch anyway! More pics on the way."

well its about time, i was expecting a new album last year or at least this year. anyway, a new release that im actually looking forward to since mayhem arnt doing anything and dont get me started on bathory(lame joke).

It is true that labor produces for the rich wonderful things – but for the worker it produces privation. It produces palaces – but for the worker, hovels. It produces beauty – but for the worker, deformity. It replaces labor by machines, but it throws one section of the workers back into barbarous types of labor and it turns the other section into a machine. It produces intelligence – but for the worker, stupidity, cretinism.

Post subject: Re: New Darkthrone album in February
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 661 time
Can't wait. I just hope that they'll add something new to the sound.

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”
Lenin, What Is To Be Done?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:25 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 22 time
yeah I´m pretty exited. Darkthrone rarely disappoint. They are truly the pinnacle of norwegian black metal and also do this black/trad metal stuff better than anybody else.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:29 pm 
Comrade

im pretty excited too, i actually like darkthrones punkish black metal style quite a lot, but sadly most things i get exited for usually disapoint me quite a lot. but then again, its darkthrone they'll deliver something good.

It is true that labor produces for the rich wonderful things – but for the worker it produces privation. It produces palaces – but for the worker, hovels. It produces beauty – but for the worker, deformity. It replaces labor by machines, but it throws one section of the workers back into barbarous types of labor and it turns the other section into a machine. It produces intelligence – but for the worker, stupidity, cretinism.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 am 
Comrade

so im listening to the underground resistance right now and its pretty good i like it a lot, its very heavy, early british metal, pretty old school in a good way. well, darkthrone dont dissapoint it seems, so all is good, a metal(and music) album i actually like since quite some time. the black metal seems to fade out more and more though, still its awsome.