A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: evolution of Red Marx
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 49 time
I haven't posted much on this forum for while, but I seem not to be alone in this, and when I look to see what discussions are going on, they are not current.
This could be because comrades are taking time to reflect, it could be because some are demoralised, others could have significantly changed their political views. Not posting often means that I am probably behind the times on all this.
So I would welcome comrades' views on this: where has his forum come from, and where is it headed?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: evolution of Red Marx
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
It means the site is practically dead, that's what it means.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 49 time
that's what I feared. Why do you think this is the case - it began with a certain amount of promise.....?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:17 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
Me? I think the beginning of the end was adding the "chat" function. And why "chat" here when you can do so much more chat with so many more chatters on Facebook?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:24 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 100 time
People just need to make more on-topic posts/threads. There are a few people that still check the site for new discussions.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:37 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 31 time
it's not fora inactivity that is the issue, it's our political impotence; http://www.radicalphilosophy.com/articl ... -impotence

BTW, since I seem banned from posting on the recommending readings thread:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/11/opini ... in-charge/

Perhaps this will be remembered as the week when everything shifted, when we realized that leaving groups of men in charge of global decisions and of facing down terrorists is not a good idea, and we'd better calmly hand the reins over to the women.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 0647077052

On the panel, Ms. Lagarde, 57, pointed out that women make 70% to 80% of the consumption decisions in most countries. She also noted the key role of women in bringing Iceland out of its recession. When its economy crashed, "the banks, the funds, the government—everything was taken over by women," she said. "So when it's messy, you get the women in. But when the mess is sorted, keep the women," she added, chuckling.

http://thebaffler.com/past/facebook_fem ... _it_or_not

In the postindustrial economy, feminism has been retooled as a vehicle for expression of the self, a “self” as marketable consumer object, valued by how many times it’s been bought—or, in our electronic age, how many times it’s been clicked on. “Images of a certain kind of successful woman proliferate,” British philosopher Nina Power observed of contemporary faux-feminism in her 2009 book, One-Dimensional Woman. “The city worker in heels, the flexible agency employee, the hard-working hedonist who can afford to spend her income on vibrators and wine—and would have us believe that—yes—capitalism is a girl’s best friend.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... lives.html

Apparently, overlooking female control is a common “oops” in animal mating research. In Daniel Bergner’s recent book, What Do Women Want?, he describes the great fallacy of monkey *** studies. For many years the reigning theory was that in rhesus monkeys, males initiate ***. But it turned out that this was only true in cages. Once they started to observe the monkeys in the wild, researchers saw something very different. The males would lurk at the edges of female-run domains. “The females invited them to serve sexually. The males remained—desirable, dispensable—until the females lost interest in them. Then they were dismissed, replaced.” Why did researchers fail to see for so long that females were the sexual aggressors?

Report this post