RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Everybody dance
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:10 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 112 time
[quote="Jas"]Welcome Defenseur, everyone here tends to be anti-Party. While I do have many disagreements with Bordiga, I do agree with him on some things. However, I know nothing about Situationism.

Situationism isn't a fucking thing jesus fucking christ read Internationale Situationniste for once **** they tear down the term in literally every context in which it appears as a creation of anti-situationists to limit the scope of their theory to purely ideological grounds.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Heya
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
Get a grip, TSM, he didn't say Situationism is a thing. He said he agrees with Bordiga on some things.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 82 time
[quote="thesadmafioso"][quote="Jas"]Welcome Defenseur, everyone here tends to be anti-Party. While I do have many disagreements with Bordiga, I do agree with him on some things. However, I know nothing about Situationism.

Situationism isn't a fucking thing jesus fucking christ read Internationale Situationniste for once **** they tear down the term in literally every context in which it appears as a creation of anti-situationists to limit the scope of their theory to purely ideological grounds.

u have anger issues
timeX has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 52 time
[quote="thesadmafioso"][quote="Jas"]Welcome Defenseur, everyone here tends to be anti-Party. While I do have many disagreements with Bordiga, I do agree with him on some things. However, I know nothing about Situationism.

Situationism seems to me like its a condition, some sort of insanity, not a thing.
"In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture." - Amadeo Bordiga

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:50 pm 
Comrade

S.Artesian wrote:
Get a grip, TSM, he didn't say Situationism is a thing. He said he agrees with Bordiga on some things.

He referenced the term in a manner which implied an endorsement of the term as something beyond an ideological production of the spectacle.

Also, he seems to have used the term again in his latest post, once more in an anti-situationist manner.

Jas wrote:
Situationism seems to me like its a condition, some sort of insanity, not a thing.

Yes, insanity, surely correct. Insanity is often applied to the discontents of capitalist society who have developed a taste for a social revolution.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 pm 
Comrade

Like I said, get a fucking grip. Jas said he knows nothing about Situationism. You want to attack someone for stating he has no knowledge relating to Situationism?

No wonder he thinks "it's" a condition, like insanity. Decode the message, TSM, he's saying you're insane, your presentation of Situationism appears to be whacked beyond all belief.

Why does he think that? Because you flip the **** out when he says he knows nothing about it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:15 pm 
Comrade

Fucking hell.

Quote:
situationism

A meaningless term improperly derived from the above. There is no such thing as situationism, which would mean a doctrine for interpreting existing conditions. The notion of situationism is obviously devised by antisituationists.

-Internationale Situationniste #1

The actual term of 'situationism' just doesn't exist. That's it. You don't understand **** all of the SI either if you use the term willingly. I'm not presenting an image of situationism, situationism does not exist. I'd be insane to think otherwise.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:44 pm 
Comrade

WTF is the matter with you? You're bent beyond all belief because a person who says he knows nothing, demonstrates it by referring to "situationism."
Right, there's no such thing as Situationism, no such thing as Marxism, whatever, there's only the critique of capital and the necessary immanent movement for its overthrow. There's only class struggle. So now tell him how the situationist critique feeds, expresses that immanent movement.

Or not... keep on flipping out. That will make it perfectly clear what situationist critique, the situationist project, is really all about, which is indeed, situationism-- ideology.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:58 pm 
Comrade

S.Artesian wrote:
WTF is the matter with you? You're bent beyond all belief because a person who says he knows nothing, demonstrates it by referring to "situationism."
Right, there's no such thing as Situationism, no such thing as Marxism, whatever, there's only the critique of capital and the necessary immanent movement for its overthrow. There's only class struggle. So now tell him how the situationist critique feeds, expresses that immanent movement.

Or not... keep on flipping out. That will make it perfectly clear what situationist critique, the situationist project, is really all about, which is indeed, situationism-- ideology.

Well, with regards to the actual activities of the SI, Mai 68 was a pretty decent manifestation of their revolutionary critique. Workers councils, cobblestones, art in the streets, the revolution of the everyday, all of these moments of history lived serve as a rather powerful basis of the history of the situationist offensive.

Beyond that, the methods of the situationists towards a revolutionary praxis of absolute contestation are naturally of a great deal of use to comparable modern actions.

I'm not angry with chimeras of mystified production, this purely ideological rendition of the SI is just something which is entirely opposed to what their theory sought to achieve. I don't care for the ignorance card, recuperation is recuperation, no matter the justification.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
TSM is now officially an ************. Please avoid vulgarised substitutes in the future.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.
ZeroNowhere has been thanked by:

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next