RedMarx

A Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: cmoney
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 105 time
I think that as a thank you for being allowed to stay here,you should do favors for the members that are still on RevLeft.
Like banning members on request.
I will PM my list to you by the end of this week.

You making other people money
My working day has just begun
its not exactly what i would call fun
Creep has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 572 time
Regardless of ANYTHING else, cmoney is a member of the revleft BA and he is an administrator even more specifically, it has always been a board policy to disallow revleft BA from posting here with some rare exceptions (Zanthorus who resigned from revleft's BA and is overall cool, and Leo actually).

Cmoney is anything but an exception to the behaviour of being a member of the revleft BA, openly censoring any information from reaching revleft's general population about what happened in December.

Letting him stay here would appear to be a nice way to move on past the revleft situation, but I feel like I can draw parallels to the "being the bigger man" position to pacifism and being "just as bad as they are," for fighting back. Granted its an internet forum and nobody is really fighting or anything.

Do we want that kind of person here who will have his cake and eat it too? A shark is a shark whether it is swimming peacefully or attacking.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 pm 
Banned

Have thanks: 5 time
Can you please talk to me instead of about me?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 447 time
I think the banning members of the Revleft BA rule wasn't particularly well thought out to begin with. As xiantorr said, keeping it around seems to be adding to the 'anti-Revleft' atmosphere on here. I don't see any problem with letting him stay subject to the same rules which we hold all the other users too (Which so far seems to be that just about anything goes as long as you don't get on Artesian's bad side).

"Citizen Weston illustrated his theory by telling you that a bowl contains a certain quantity of soup, to be eaten by a certain number of persons, an increase in the broadness of the spoons would produce no increase in the amount of soup. He must allow me to find this illustration rather spoony."
- Marx, Value, Price and profit -
Zanthorus has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 10 time
xiantorr wrote:
I think that's because the revleft circlejerk lasting up until around the middle of this year was one of the main things that put him off posting here.

Ding ding ding.

But we've sort of moved on so, yeah.

Broletariat wrote:
Do we want that kind of person here who will have his cake and eat it too? A shark is a shark whether it is swimming peacefully or attacking.

what does that actually even mean here, though. I can't see any harm in letting cmoney post here. I understand the 'no relveft BA" policy to an extent, but we aren't talking about psycho or COTR.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 844 time
[quote2="DVNO"]Ding ding ding.

But we've sort of moved on so, yeah.[/quote2]
My goldfish is on a hunger strike against the war in Afghanistan.

[quote2="Zanthorus"]I think the banning members of the Revleft BA rule wasn't particularly well thought out to begin with. As xiantorr said, keeping it around seems to be adding to the 'anti-Revleft' atmosphere on here.[/quote2]
Given that we don't really seem to be doing much in the way of positive self-definition except for dull left-com bickering you could find just as well on Libcom*, I'm not sure that we should also stop being against anything as well. For what it's worth, we aren't missing out on any worthwhile users through the anti-RL Admin policy.

[quote2="Railyon"]I would LOVE an opposing ideologies section on RedMarx, that's where the magic happened on RevLeft[/quote2]
Did anything ever happen on OI?

[quote2="Broletariat"]Letting him stay here would appear to be a nice way to move on past the revleft situation, but I feel like I can draw parallels to the "being the bigger man" position to pacifism and being "just as bad as they are," for fighting back. Granted its an internet forum and nobody is really fighting or anything.[/quote2]
You can draw parallels because the rhetoric is identical.

[quote2="S. Artesian"]Be kind of petty for me, now that you've done what I suggested, to then try and grease your *** for being honest enough to admit it, although maybe.. that would be so much more appropriate-- waxing someone for being honest just warms the cockles of my cynic's heart.[/quote2]
'Back on the railways, we used to give suspected employees a lie detector test, and if they passed it I would execute them with a rusty knife...'

[quote2="cmoney"]Can you please talk to me instead of about me?[/quote2]
Kontrra's already talked to cmoney, they shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

* Or Revleft, specifics aside, although maybe that helps with mature conciliation.

- Friedrich Engels.

Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.

2x Security Reasons. DANGER DANGER.

Was an Admin when RM was important. Was since confused with Negative Creep for being active.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 161 time
[quote="ZeroNowhere"]
[quote2="Railyon"]I would LOVE an opposing ideologies section on RedMarx, that's where the magic happened on RevLeft[/quote2]
Did anything ever happen on OI?

Lots of mudslinging and stupid strawman arguments, but that's what made it so fun. Looking at people make an *** of themselves and stuff.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 938 time
OK, thanks to Brole for disturbing my nap. Forgot the procedural bit. If you want to stay here Rollin' or C, you cannot be a member of the BA of revleft. So I'm going to ban you, and then go back to sleep. The Yankees are playing tonight and the game will probably go past my bed time. Feel free to remove your "thanks" for my short-term memory loss. Yawn.

Thank you Bro for keeping the flame lit.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:02 pm 
Comrade

Zanthorus wrote:
I think the banning members of the Revleft BA rule wasn't particularly well thought out to begin with. As xiantorr said, keeping it around seems to be adding to the 'anti-Revleft' atmosphere on here. I don't see any problem with letting him stay subject to the same rules which we hold all the other users too (Which so far seems to be that just about anything goes as long as you don't get on Artesian's bad side).

Zanthorus banned for getting on my bad side. If we want to argue about the viability of the rule, we should do that among our board members. Meantime, the rule is the rule, and while rules were meant to be broken, there also meant to be enforced.

So C Money, this is directed to you. I will be banning you shortly per the rules. Sorry, or not, for a minute I thought you had left revleft's BA.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:05 pm 
Comrade

Quote:
'Back on the railways, we used to give suspected employees a lie detector test, and if they passed it I would execute them with a rusty knife...'

Nope. Gave them drug and alcohol tests [FWIW, I was subject to testing also]. If they passed, gave them a drink and then sent them back for another test.

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next