A Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome

Post subject: Re: Bordigists?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 346 time
Nah, no worries, I didn't think you sounded hostile at all. More or less what I meant by negligibly meaningful was, for example, do they have multiple members, do they have meetings, do they participate and/or intervene in any struggles within the class – that sort of thing. The purpose of that part of my comment was to try to rule out any of the groups that may be like virtually defunct or that, for example, consist of one guy with a website.
nine has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:13 pm 
Comrade

Have thanks: 661 time
nine wrote:
They refuse to use email...? :? What is their reasoning...?

This is a quote from their site:

Quote:
We chose not to have an e-mail address, both for security reasons and to avoid a pouring in of useless messages.

Now in 21st century you can make a lot of tricks that people can contact you trough email and that you don't have to put an email on your webiste (by which you are avoiding spam). Refusing to use email at all because of security reasons makes me think of them as really weird or paranoid people.

Maybe this what I write is stupid, but I this made really bad impression on me.

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”
Lenin, What Is To Be Done?
Искра has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:05 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 94 time
nine wrote:
The purpose of that part of my comment was to try to rule out any of the groups that may be like virtually defunct or that, for example, consist of one guy with a website.

I know that 'Programma' is bigger than that as I met three of them.

nine wrote:
Coincidentally (or perhaps not}, someone from the third group that Leo linked to is now posting on the forum here.

I think that this is 'Il Partito'.

Kontrrazvedka wrote:
I wanted to contact ICP, but when I saw that they refuse to use email and that they want you to write them letter I kind of gave up. That's little bit too strange to me...

A little strange, but writing a letter isn't that difficult a thing to do. I had t write to them once and got a reply.

Devrim
Devrim has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:28 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 661 time
Yeah, I't not hard... but it's kind of strange. I'll probably write to them in some time...

The worst sin we commit is that we degrade our political and organisational tasks to the level of the immediate, “palpable”, “concrete” interests of the everyday economic struggle; yet they keep singing to us the same refrain: Lend the economic struggle itself a political character! We repeat: this kind of thing displays as much “sense for the realities of life” as was displayed by the hero in the popular fable who cried out to a passing funeral procession, “Many happy returns of the day!”
Lenin, What Is To Be Done?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:11 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 0 time

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 am 
Comrade

Have thanks: 28 time
Bordigists are usually giant taints. Bordiga, on the other hand, was pretty cool.

"So fundamental to Marx’s method was this distinction between property relations and the social relations of production that he refused to recognize property forms or property relations at all, unless they included the total relations of production; 'outside of these relations bourgeois property is nothing but a metaphysical or juristic illusion.'" - CLR James

Report this post